Here at Frisco Insurance, we’re always communicating simple ways for our customers to have a safer home. Often, when folks think about home improvement, they think about expensive projects such as kitchen remodels. However, your go-to place for home insurance Frisco TX has several inexpensive ways to improve the safety of your home.
Today, we’re reviewing three helpful, low-cost areas of home safety:
- Clear Path, Ahead!
- A Breath of Fresh Air
- Be Wary of Your Water
When it comes to home insurance Frisco TX, we’re always looking out for your family’s safety.
Clear Path, Ahead!
Here’s an interesting quote from the World Health Organization (WHO): “Adults older than 60 years of age suffer the greatest number of fatal falls.” We don’t relay this information to alarm you. In fact, a high percentage of these falls take place outside the United States.
However, it’s a useful reminder to protect our family members with any or all of the following measures:
- Clear all pathways in our home (and, outside, leading to our home).
- Check the stairs! Do you have sturdy handrails, and secure carpeting or flooring?
- Light up your home! Provide ample light indoors for sure footing and bright lighting outdoors.
Furthermore, you can apply grip-enhancing adhesives to your stairs indoors and outdoors. A similar type of adhesive is available for shower basins where many people slip and fall each year.
A Breath of Fresh Air
Your helpful home insurance Frisco TX company would like to share the following useful tips regarding fresh, clean air in your home:
- Check the ducts! You have a system of air ducts in your home that can gather massive amounts of dust if not maintained properly. It’s also a good idea to make sure mold has not formed.
- Test your smoke detectors. Once a year, you should check your smoke detectors to make sure they’re working. This is a prime example of no-cost safety! You may also want to check your home for radon – a radioactive gas that can present health problems over time.
- Spring cleaning. A clean house is often a healthier house. Prevent dust from piling up in your home with a regular cleaning schedule.
Fresh, clean air is not only healthier… it also smells better!
Be Wary of Your Water
The dreaded water leak is a common source of expensive damage to homes. Water leaks can lead to high utility bills or, much worse, damage to a home’s foundation:
- Your water-using appliances: Your washing machine, dishwasher and sink areas all use a lot of water over time. Hoses and pipes should be checked regularly for leaks as these appliances are used often.
- Check the pressure. Many of Frisco Insurance’s customers were surprised to find out that pressure gauges (which you can attach to water systems) are effective and inexpensive. Thus, you may regularly check water pressure for safety.
- High-Tech Water Sensors. Well, it’s high-tech, but low-cost! Place water sensors in key spots to alert your smart device of any major leaks before they cause significant damage. Now that’s “playing it safe!”
Your best choice for home insurance Frisco TX is here to keep you well informed! More importantly, we’re here to keep you and your family safe.
Contact Frisco Insurance
We’re happy to answer your questions and help you choose the best policy.